- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dilled Split Peas Recipe
|Stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Yellow split peas||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, minced|
|Carrots||1 , diced|
|Celery stalks||2 , chopped|
|Low sodium soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Non fat yogurt||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 440 Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.4%
Saturated Fat 0.62 g3.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4 mg
Sodium 553.6 mg23.1%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.4%
Dietary Fiber 33.1 g132.3%
Sugars 21.2 g
Protein 42 g84.6%
Vitamin A 57% Vitamin C 17.4%
Calcium 21.2% Iron 22%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pot, combine the stock, water and split peas.
2) Bring to a boil, partially cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
3) Add the onions, carrots, celery, soy sauce and dill.
4) Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes, or until the peas and vegetables are tender.
5) Puree the mixture in a blender.
6) Reheat, the soup if necessary, before serving.
7) To serve, ladle into individual bowls.
8) Top with spoonful of the yogurt.