- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Capellini Salad With Chicken And Dill Recipe
|Chicken breasts||2 Pound (2 Whole, 1 Pound Each)|
|For poaching liquid|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Use More Quantity If Needed)|
|White wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Medium sherry||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper||1 Large, seeded and julienned|
|Yellow bell pepper||1 Large, seeded and julienned|
|Cucumber||1 Large, peeled, seeded and sliced into thin rounds|
|Dill sprigs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Scallions||5 , chopped (Green And White Part)|
Calories 577 Calories from Fat 279
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.5%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 135.1 mg
Sodium 552.6 mg23%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 57 g113.5%
Vitamin A 26.8% Vitamin C 192.1%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook the pasta al dente. Drain, rinse, and set aside to cool.
2. Poach the chicken breasts in the poaching liquid for 10 minutes, or just until the pink color is gone throughout.
3. The breasts will be firm when pressed with the back of a fork. Let cool to room temperature in the liquid, remove and discard the bones and skin, and tear into large pieces.
4. Let cool to room temperature in the liquid, remove and discard the bones and skin, and tear into large pieces.
5. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, lemon juice, sherries, honey, and salt and pepper.
6. Pour on the dressing and toss to combine well.
7. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill at least 1 hour before serving.