- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dill Carrots Recipe
|Carrots||1 Pound, peeled and sliced on the diagonal 1/8 inch thick (6 Medium Size)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||2 Teaspoon|
|Coarsely ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh chopped dill||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 122 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.2%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 182.7 mg7.6%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.1%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 2 g3.3%
Vitamin A 396.3% Vitamin C 28.5%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium-size pot, boil salted water.
2. Add the carrots and cook for 5 minutes until just tender; do not overcook.
3. Drain and keep aside.
4. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over low heat.
5. Stir in garlic and cook for 5-6 minutes until lightly golden.
6. Add the boiled carrots; mix well.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Cook for 1 - 2 minutes until all the ingredients are just heated through.
9. Add dill; stir.
10. Serve immediately.