- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dill Cabbage Wedges Recipe
|Cabbage head||1 1⁄4 Pound (1 Head)|
|Onion||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Carrot||1 , finely chopped|
|Dried dill||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), defatted|
Calories 72 Calories from Fat 7
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.74 g1.1%
Saturated Fat 0.2 g0.99%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.2 mg
Sodium 97.1 mg4%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.7%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 4 g7.1%
Vitamin A 55.2% Vitamin C 92.9%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) From the cabbage, remove the tough outer leaves and slice off the stem.
2) Through the core, cut the cabbage in half. Then, cut each half into quarters, thus making 8 wedges.
3) In a 9 inch glass pie plate, arrange the wedges in two concentric circles. Note that the dish will be almost full.
4) On top, add onions, carrots and dill.
5) Then, pour in the stock.
6) With a vented plastic wrap, cover the pie plate and microwave on high for 6 minutes.
7) Now, rotate the dish a half turn and microwave again on high for 6 minutes. The cabbage will be tender by now.
8) Let the dish stand, covered, for about 5 minutes in the oven.
9) Drain thoroughly.
10) Serve hot, sprinkled with the dill.