- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dieter's Pie Crust Recipe
|All-purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), sifted|
|Cottage cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 514 Calories from Fat 293
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g43.3%
Trans Fat 3.9 g
Cholesterol 11.3 mg
Sodium 617.1 mg25.7%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 18 g35.3%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 11% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using a cloth, tightly squeeze cottage cheese until dry; discard the liquid.
2. Press the cheese through a sieve.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. In a large mixing bowl, place the dry ingredients and cut shortening over it.
5. Add cottage cheese and using a fork mix lightly to form a dough; make a ball.
6. Over a lightly floured pastry cloth, turn the dough and roll into a 11 inch circle.
7. Place the dough in a 9 inch springform pan and bake for 20 minutes.
8. Use Dieter's Pie Crust for making any of your favorite pie.