- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dieters Baked Stuffed Lobster Recipe
|Live lobsters||4 Small|
|Grated onion||2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Instant chicken broth||1 Teaspoon (1 Envelope)|
|Canned sliced mushrooms||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Skim milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||4 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted cracker crumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 881 Calories from Fat 257
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44%
Saturated Fat 16.2 g80.9%
Trans Fat 1.1 g
Cholesterol 259 mg
Sodium 1397 mg58.2%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.6%
Sugars 27.7 g
Protein 71 g142.1%
Vitamin A 15.1% Vitamin C 24.3%
Calcium 108% Iron 22.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Remove meat from each lobster (saving the shell for restuffing) this way: Place lobster on its back; twist off the 2 large claws, then crack and remove meat; set aside.
3. Cut lobster down middle from head to tail, then cut through hard shell of back and the thin membrane on either side of the tail with scissors. Lift out the meat, the green tomalley (liver) and pink coral (roe), if any. Discard the stomach sac or "lady" from back of head, the black vein running from head to tail and spongy gray tissue. Dice all meat. Set shells on a large cooky sheet.
4. Saute lobster meat and onion in butter or margarine in a medium-size skillet 2 minutes; stir in flour, instant chicken broth, mushrooms and their liquid and the milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and bubbles 3 minutes; remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice; spoon into lobster shells.
5. Mix cracker crumbs and cheese; sprinkle over lobster mixture; dust lightly with paprika, if you wish.
6. Bake in very hot oven (450°) 10 minutes, or until bubbly-hot and crumbs are toasted.