- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Beet Burger Recipe Video
|Beet||2 , roasted|
|Onions||1 , roasted|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), roasted|
|Carrots||1 , roasted|
|Beet greens||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), toasted|
|Millet||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil/Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 549 Calories from Fat 111
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.1%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 256.6 mg10.7%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.3%
Dietary Fiber 16.6 g66.6%
Sugars 18 g
Protein 18 g35.2%
Vitamin A 65.5% Vitamin C 31.5%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 32.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Roast all the veggies well before time and pre cook the milet.
2. Pop all the vegetables and the beet green into the food processor and pulse it down.
3. Add walnuts to the same food processor and pulse that down as well.
4. Now add the beet mixture to the cooked milet.
5. Add wheat germ, bread crumbs and combine all of it together.
6. Take a portion of the mixture and use your hands to make burger patties of the size you desire.
7. In a pan, pour some olive oil and shallow fry the burger patties.
8. Flip them over and cook for 2 minutes.
9. Serve this with the hot sauce by itself or use it as a patty to make your vegetarian burger.