- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Diabetes Safe Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe Video
|Rolled oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), packed|
|Plain nonfat yogurt||4 Ounce|
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 103 Calories from Fat 34
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.1%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.9 mg
Sodium 58 mg2.4%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.36 g1.4%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 2 g3.9%
Vitamin A 1.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 0.9% Iron 2.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Toast oats on an ungreased baking sheet for 10 minutes at 375. Shake once during toasting.
2. In a blending jar take roasted oats and process for a few minutes.
3. With an electric mixer, beat the butter until smooth.
4. Add brown sugar and baking soda. Mix until smooth.
5. Sprinkle salt; add in egg, vanilla, and yogurt. Mix until smooth.
6. Add in flour in small batches. Mix until smooth.
7. Followed by oat flour to cookie batter mixture. Stir until combined.
8. Add chocolate chips. Stir until combined.
9. Use a teaspoon measuring spoon to drop cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
10. Bake at 375 for 12 minutes, or until bottoms are slightly browned.
11. Serve cookies with fresh juice.