- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dhokli - Spiced Dumplings with Black Eyed Peas Recipe Video
|For the dough|
|Jowar flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Wheat flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chickpea flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Coriander cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Pinch|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for kneading)|
|For the vegetables|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Chawli||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Ginger paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Green chilli paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||1⁄2 Medium|
|Coriander leaves||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
Calories 189 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.3%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 740.7 mg30.9%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 4 g8.1%
Vitamin A 25.4% Vitamin C 12%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine together the milo flour, wheat flour, chickpea flour, salt and olive oil. Gradually pour in the water to form a dough. Cover and set aside.
2. In a pot on medium high, heat the oil, add mustard seeds, turmeric powder, hing, chawli, ginger paste, garlic paste, green chilli paste, water, salt and coriander cumin powder. Mix well, cover with a lid half closed and let it simmer on a low to medium heat for 8 minutes or until cooked.
3. On a floured board, slice the dough in half and place it on the board and using a rolling pin, roll it out into a flat base.
4. Take a sharp knife and make diagonal lines on the base. Using a spatula, fluff out the sliced diagonal pieces or dhokli from the board and transfer onto a plate. Repeat this step for the other half of the dough.
5. After about 8 minutes, take one dhokli at a time and put it into the cooked chawli. Mix well and cook until the liquid comes to a boil and let it simmer for 30 minutes or until thick.
6. Stir in the brown sugar and lime juice. Mix well and serve.
7. Serve the chawli dhokli in a serving bowl garnished with chopped coriander leaves.