- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Devonshire Pork Pasties Recipe
|Shortcrust pastry||12 Ounce (White Or Wholewheat)|
|Cooked pork||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Onion/1 stick of celery||1 Small|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 165 Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.8 mg
Sodium 335.7 mg14%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.35 g1.4%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 11 g22.6%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 2.7%
Calcium 0.6% Iron 0.49%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Dice pork into ½ inch cubes.
2. Finely chop the onion and celery or mince in a food processor.
3. On a floured work surface, roll out the pastry dough into ¼ inch thickness and use round 6 inch pastry cutters or saucers to cut out the pastry bases.
4. Arrange the pastry bases on a baking sheet lined with non grease paper.
5. Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
6. In a mixing bowl, combine meat, onion, celery, sauce and seasonings.
7. Stir to mix well.
8. Use a dessert spoon to spoon the mixture on to the center of the pastry circles.
9. Damp pastry edges and fold the pastry over the filling to form semi circles.
10. Pinch the edges with fingers and flute or use a fork, to seal.
11. Use a tip of a knife to score the pasties.
12. Bake the pasties in the middle level of a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
13. Serve the pasties hot with a sauce of your choice.
14. You could vary the filling trying various combinations or onion, sage, apple, mushroom, mince pork, cottage cheese of what ever you may like.