- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Devil's Food Cake Frosting Recipe
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dates||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3656 Calories from Fat 1712
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 189 g290.8%
Saturated Fat 51.1 g255.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 750.8 mg
Sodium 823.8 mg34.3%
Total Carbohydrates 460 g153.3%
Dietary Fiber 21.7 g86.8%
Sugars 400.2 g
Protein 62 g124.7%
Vitamin A 99.2% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 56.7% Iron 31.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, mix sugar and flour.
2) Add beaten eggs and milk to this.
3) Continue to add dates and butter.
4) Cook this mix, until thick.
5) Finally, add vanilla and nuts.
6) Cool the frosting and spread on cake, as desired.