- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vanilla Flavored Devil'S Food Cake Recipe
|Hot water||150 Milliliter|
|Unsweetened cocoa||50 Milliliter|
|Baking soda||2 Milliliter|
|Baking powder||1 Milliliter|
Calories 376 Calories from Fat 129
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.5%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.1%
Trans Fat 1.6 g
Cholesterol 35.2 mg
Sodium 247.6 mg10.3%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g18.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.4%
Sugars 29.3 g
Protein 6 g11.4%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 2.2% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) With an electric mixer, cream sugar and shortening in large bowl.
2) Put in egg and pour water. Blend well.
3) Add in remaining ingredients and whisk until it smooth.
4) Take a greased 20 or 23 cm (8 or 9-inch) microwave safe round dish, bottom lined with waxed paper; transfer the batter into it.
5) Microwave on LOW for 6 minutes, and microwave at HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes, or until when a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
6) Allow it to stand for 10 minutes.
7) Take a plate and invert cake from dish and let it cool completely.
8) Store covered until it is time to serve.
9) Make slices and serve with cream.