- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick Devil'S Food Cake Recipe
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cocoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
Calories 512 Calories from Fat 194
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.9%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.3%
Trans Fat 2.2 g
Cholesterol 70.5 mg
Sodium 394.9 mg16.5%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g25.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.1%
Sugars 34 g
Protein 11 g22.2%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 4.1% Iron 27.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease and line the bottoms of 2 (8-inch) round microwave baking dishes.
2. On wax paper, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine shortening, sugar, cocoa and vanilla
4. Beat with wire wish or electric mixer until light and creamy.
5. Heat water in microwave for about 4 minutes, until boiling.
6. Add together the boiling water, buttermilk and eggs into creamed mixture and beat well until smooth and velvety.
7. Add together the sifted ingredients and stir well.
8. Divide the batter equally between cake dishes.
9. Cook in microwave, one at a time, for 8 to 9 minutes, or until spongy to touch and knife comes out clean
10. Remove from oven and let cool.
11. Turn out on wire rack and cool thoroughly.
12. Frost completely cooled cakes as desired or use as required to make desserts.