- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Devil's Clams Recipe
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Tomatoes||4 , chopped|
|Clams||2 Dozen, chopped (Large Sized)|
|Cracker crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
Calories 105 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.1%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.2 mg
Sodium 127.9 mg5.3%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 7 g14.4%
Vitamin A 11.3% Vitamin C 20.2%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 32.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 375° F.
1) Take a heavy skillet and melt butter in it. Sauté onions until golden brown in color.
2) Add clams, tomatoes, 1 cup water, pepper and salt.
3) Simmer for about 2 minutes. Add cracker crumbs and cook until mixture becomes thick.
4) Cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
5) Add the eggs and mix nicely.
6) Take clam shells and fill with the clam mixture. Sprinkle with crumbs.
7) Dot with some extra butter and bake until brown in color.
8) Serve Devil’s Clams hot.