- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Deviled Pecan Honey Cornbread Dressing with Ruby Jewel Sweet Red Corn Part 2 Recipe Video
|Ruby jewel sweet red corn||2 Cup (32 tbs) (1.5 cups for the mixture and ½ cup for scattering on top of the dressing)|
|Real texas honey cornbread||500 Gram, crumbled (made beforehand)|
|Eggs||3 Large (with the egg whites separated and beaten until they form soft peaks)|
|Pecans||5 Large, chopped|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Tabasco sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Smoked paprika||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ancho peppers||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Cumin||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Turbinado sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|White onions||3 Large, diced|
|Cream of mushroom soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Butter||150 Gram, molten|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Chicken broth||500 Milliliter, home made|
Calories 1130 Calories from Fat 362
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g63.9%
Saturated Fat 16.9 g84.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 163.7 mg54.6%
Sodium 1874.7 mg78.1%
Total Carbohydrates 185 g61.7%
Dietary Fiber 11.4 g45.7%
Sugars 120.3 g
Protein 18 g35.6%
Vitamin A 42.1% Vitamin C 30%
Calcium 16.8% Iron 55.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Crumble the Real Texas cornbread and set aside.
2. Heat the oven to 325 F.
3. In a bowl , beat the egg whites , until they form soft peaks.
4. Chop the Pecans and set aside.
5. Line the baking tray with aluminium foil.
6. In a bowl, mix the egg whites with the Cayenne pepper, Tabasco Sauce, Kosher salt, Garlic powder, Smoked Paprika, Onion powder, Ground Ancho peppers, Ground cumin, Worcestershire sauce and the Turbinado Sugar.
7. Add the chopped Pecans to the bowl. Mix well to coat the Pecans with the egg whites.
8. In the lined baking tray, spread the Pecan mixture in a thin and uniform layer. Bake in the oven at 325 F, for 5 minutes.
9. Let the Pecans cool and dry. Set them aside in a bowl.
10. In a bowl, Mix the diced onions with the cream of mushroom soup, milk, molten Butter and the slightly beaten eggs.
11. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
12. Add the Ruby Jewel Sweet Red Corn and Pecans to the onions. Mix well.
13. Add the crumbled pecan bread and mix well with the corn and pecan mixture. Pour in a little homemade chicken stock, if it becomes too dry.
14. In a greased baking pan, put in the Pecan and cornbread mixture. Sprinkle some ruby jewel sweet red corn and bake at 350 F for 30- 40 minutes, until the top turns golden brown.
15. Serve warm with a green salad.