- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Deviled Eggs Mornay Recipe
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cooked pasta shells||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hard boiled eggs||6|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Green olives||4 , sliced|
Calories 778 Calories from Fat 457
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g79.1%
Saturated Fat 28.7 g143.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 613.2 mg
Sodium 928.4 mg38.7%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14%
Dietary Fiber 0.74 g3%
Sugars 13.4 g
Protein 34 g68%
Vitamin A 42.5% Vitamin C 0.18%
Calcium 62.6% Iron 14.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a 1-quart measuring glass. Add butter in it and heat it for 20 seconds on high in the microwave.
2) Add some flour with the help of a wire whisk and stir.
3) Slowly add milk while stirring continuously to avoid lumps.
4) Transfer back to the microwave and cook for 3 minutes until the sauce thickens.
5) During the process of cooking, remove and stir twice to form a smooth sauce.
6) Add required salt and pepper to taste.
7) Also add ½ cup grated cheese and cooked pasta.
8) Transfer back to the microwave in microwave dish and warm it.This sauce is called as Mornay Sauce.Keep aside.
9) Slice eggs into half lengthwise and remove the egg yolks.
10) Mix the egg yolks with mustard, curry powder, melted butter, and salt and pepper to taste.
11) Stuff this mixture into egg-white halves.
12) Cover with layer of Mornay sauce.
13) Add sliced olives on top of the sauce.
14) Add remaining cheese.
15) Cook in the microwave without lid on highest setting for 2 minutes in order to melt cheese.
16) Serve immediately as the cheese melts.