- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Deviled Crab Recipe
|White stock||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
|Crab meat||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Sherry wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Bread crumbs||5 Tablespoon|
|Melted butter||4 Tablespoon|
Calories 258 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.3%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 155.1 mg
Sodium 446.9 mg18.6%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g3.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.63 g2.5%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 23 g45%
Vitamin A 9.2% Vitamin C 6.7%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 8.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, melt the butter over a medium-low flame.
3. Stir in the flour and sauté for 1 minute.
4. Gradually pour in the stock, stirring until well blended with flour-butter mixture.
5. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
6. Add a little of the hot sauce to the egg yolks and blend before adding the yolks into the sauce
7. Season the sauce with salt and pepper and simmer until hot and bubbly, stirring all the time.
8. Take the pan off the flame and stir the sherry, crab meat, mushrooms, and parsley into the sauce
9. Spoon the mixture into the crab shells.
10. Sprinkle buttered breadcrumbs on top.
11. Arrange the shells on a baking sheet and place in the preheated oven.
12. Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes until hot and bubbly.
13. Place 1 shell per dinner plate.
14. Enjoy with hot buttered toasts.