- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Deviled Beef Salad Recipe
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Prepared horseradish||2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|White wine vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Beef top sirloin steak||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut 1 inch thick|
|Romaine head||1 , torn in pieces|
|Iceberg lettuce head||1 Medium, torn in pieces|
|Cherry tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), halved|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, sliced and separated into rings|
|Canned rolled anchovy fillets||2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Hard-cooked eggs||2 , sliced|
|Salad oil||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
Calories 373 Calories from Fat 238
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.3%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.2%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 64.7 mg
Sodium 88.8 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.9%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 23 g45.1%
Vitamin A 112.6% Vitamin C 24.2%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 3.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a small mixer bowl and make the dressing by mixing sugar, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and paprika.
2. Stir in grated onion and horseradish.
3. Use an electric mixer and constantly beat at medium-high speed.
4. Gradually add oil and wine vinegar. Add only a little at a time.
5. Chill for some time.
6. Broil steak 3 inches from heat for 7 minutes per side or till medium-rare. Let it cool.
7. Cut the steak into thin strips and allow it to chill.
8. In large bowl, mix together romaine and iceberg lettuce.
9. Take 8 individual salad bowls and divide among the mix in them.
10. Add steak strips, tomatoes, onion rings, anchovies, and egg on the top of the mixture.
11. Drizzle with dressing on the top and serve.