- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dessert Rice Balls Recipe
|Glutinous rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Mochi Gome)|
|Azuki beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Add Extra If You Would Like To Keep Finished Rice Balls For A Couple Of Days At Room Temperature)|
|Black sesame seeds||3 Tablespoon, roasted for 1 minute in a pan and ground|
Calories 412 Calories from Fat 35
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.4%
Saturated Fat 0.64 g3.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 48.6 mg2%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26.1%
Sugars 19.2 g
Protein 11 g22.7%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 10.1% Iron 19.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Rinse the rice well and soak in 1-1/3 cups of water for 2 hrs and then steam the rice, cool and shape into small balls.
2) In a saucepan with water add the azuki beans, allow to boil, drain and add 3 cups fresh water, simmer over a low heat; add 1/2 cup cold water after 1 hr and allow the beans to soften further.
3) When the beans are soft, add the sugar and salt, simmer further the the liquid in the beans disappear; turn off the heat and mash well.
4) On a plastic wrap put 2-3 tbsp azuki paste, place a rice ball over it and wrap, twist to cover the paste over the rice;
repeat process to make 6 to 8 rice balls.
5) Add the roasted, ground sesame seeds with sugar, roll each rice ball in this mixture to cover completely .
SERVING 6) Serve on a nice dish.