- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dessert Pears Recipe Video
|Bosc pears||4 Large|
|Red wine||750 Milliliter|
|Bourbon vanilla||2 Teaspoon|
|Agave||4 Teaspoon (1 tsp drizzled over each pear)|
|Dried prunes||10 Small, pitted (Unsulphured)|
Calories 551 Calories from Fat 7
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.78 g1.2%
Saturated Fat 0.05 g0.25%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 7.2 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 107 g35.5%
Dietary Fiber 20.3 g81.2%
Sugars 63.1 g
Protein 3 g5.4%
Vitamin A 4.4% Vitamin C 42.5%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 7.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a shallow pot, place the whole pears and pour the whole bottle of red wine over them.
2. Place on a medium high flame, cover and bring the wine to a rolling boil.
3. Lower to a simmer. Add bourbon vanilla, cinnamon and dried prunes into the simmering wine.
4. Drizzle agave nectar over each pear. Let the sauce reduce to a thick consistency by simmering it for about 20 to 25 minutes.
5. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes. Then uncover and turn the pears over.
6. Cover again and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes. Spoon the wine over the pears occasionally to baste them.
7. When tender and cooked all the way through, turn off the heat and let the pears sit in the sauce, covered for a few minutes.
8. Serve warm, alone or with ice-cream or cream.