- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dennis Weaver’s Cheese Nut Loaf Recipe
|Dry bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped walnuts||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Minced onion||6 Tablespoon|
|Celery stalks||4 , finely chopped|
|Chopped olives||To Taste|
|Half and half||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1 Pound|
|Fresh whole wheat bread crumbs||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5895 Calories from Fat 3259
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 377 g579.9%
Saturated Fat 152.3 g761.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1511 mg
Sodium 5217.7 mg217.4%
Total Carbohydrates 399 g133.1%
Dietary Fiber 52.7 g210.8%
Sugars 14.7 g
Protein 225 g449.6%
Vitamin A 255.4% Vitamin C 28.5%
Calcium 428.9% Iron 92.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a bowl, mix the dry bread crumbs, walnuts, onion, celery and olives together.
3. Stir in eggs and half and half. Add salt and spices to mix.
4. In a separate bowl, mix cheese and fresh whole- wheat bread crumbs.
5. Combine this bowl with first bowl.
6. Place in a greased shallow loaf pan and bake for about 40 minutes.
Makes 1 loaf.
This recipe came from the book, Gunsmoke: An American Institution by Ben Costello. To learn more about his book visit www.50yearsofgunsmoke.com