- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Deluxe Peach Ice Cream Recipe
|Peaches||6 Cup (96 tbs), mashed|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 829 Calories from Fat 287
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.2%
Saturated Fat 18.9 g94.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 265.1 mg
Sodium 406.4 mg16.9%
Total Carbohydrates 120 g40%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.7%
Sugars 110.9 g
Protein 15 g30.4%
Vitamin A 23.5% Vitamin C 25.4%
Calcium 33.7% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Combine the peaches with 1 cup of sugar and stir properly. Set mixture aside.
2) With an electric mixer set at medium speed, beat the eggs till they are frothy.
3) Combine together 1 ½ cups of sugar, flour and salt and stir well.
4) Add the sugar mixture to the frothy eggs gradually, constantly beating till the mixture is thickened. Add the milk and mix well.
5) In a large saucepan, pour the egg mixture and cook over low flame, constantly stirring, till the mixture is thickened enough and coats a metal spoon. This usually takes about 15 minutes.
6) Remove mixture from the heat and set the saucepan in cold water, gently stirring till it is cooled.
7) Stir in the vanilla and cream, add peaches and stir the mixture well.
8) Pour the concoction into the freezer can of a 1-gallon hand-turned freezer or an electric freezer.
9) Freeze as per the instructions of the manufacturer and let the ice cream ripen for a minimum of 60 minutes.
10) Serve chilled.