- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Deluxe Mincemeat Puffs Recipe
|Pastry dough||1 Pound, cold (Flaky Or Puff)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Demerara sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|For mince meat filling|
|Chopped apples||8 Ounce (Eating Apples, 225 Gram, Weighed After Peeling And Coring)|
|Currants||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Seedless raisins||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Chopped candied orange peel||5 Ounce (150 Gram, Mixed Peel Will Do But Orange Is Nicer)|
|Blanched almonds||275 Gram|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 , grated|
Calories 1039 Calories from Fat 468
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83.2%
Saturated Fat 12.5 g62.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42.3 mg
Sodium 411.1 mg17.1%
Total Carbohydrates 120 g40.2%
Dietary Fiber 15.4 g61.5%
Sugars 45.1 g
Protein 19 g37.5%
Vitamin A 3.9% Vitamin C 132.8%
Calcium 22.6% Iron 26.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large non-metallic bowl, combine all the ingredients for the mincemeat filling and leave to macerate for 20 to 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven 425° F ( 220° C/ Gas 7)
3. Lightly oil two or three baking sheets.
4. On a lightly floured work table, roll out the cold pastry a sheet of about 1/8 inch thickness.
5. Use a pastry knife to cut the pastry into 4-inch squares.
6. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the prepared mince meat in the center of each square.
7. Brush the edges of the pastry squares with beaten egg.
8. Fold the pastry square diagonally over the filling, and seal well.
9. Arrange the triangles on the baking sheets and brush the tops with egg.
10. Sprinkle a generous amount of demerara sugar on each.
11. Bake the mince-meat puffs on the middle level of the hot oven, for 12 to 15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Rearrange the puffs moving the ones at the centre to the side and ones on the side to the center and bake another 2 to 3 minutes, if pastry is still pale on the bottom.
12. Remove and let rest for 5 minutes.
13. Serve the Deluxe Mince Meat Puffs warm and crisp.