- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Delmonico Steaks With Balsamic Onions And Steak Sauce Recipe
|Delmonico steaks||48 Ounce (4 Steaks, 1-Inch Thick, 10 To 12 Ounce Each)|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Steak seasoning/Salt and pepper||To Taste (Such As Montreal Seasoning By Mccormick)|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon (Once Around The Pan)|
|Yellow onions||2 Large, thinly sliced|
|Balsamic vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Eyeball It)|
|For steak sauce|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (Half A Turn Around The Pan)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Boiling onions||1 Small, chopped (White Variety)|
|Dry cooking sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Eyeball It)|
|Canned tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon (Eyeball It)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 714 Calories from Fat 286
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.6%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g48%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 120 mg40%
Sodium 1147.7 mg47.8%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.3%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 69 g137.2%
Vitamin A 5.5% Vitamin C 9.4%
Calcium 2.2% Iron 22.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heating a heavy grill pan or griddle pan over high heat, wipe it with olive oil and cook steaks 4 minutes on each side for medium, 7 to 8 minutes for medium well.
2. With steak seasoning or salt and pepper season, transfer to a warm platter and keep aside.
3. Heating a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat cook sliced yellow onions in oil stirring occasionally for 10 to 12 minutes such that onions are soft and sweet.
4. To the pan add balsamic vinegar and turn onions such that vinegar cooks away and glazes onions a deep brown for 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Heating a small saucepan over medium heat, sauté garlic and white onions in oil for 5 minutes such that tender.
6. Add sherry to the pan, combine with onions, stir in tomato sauce and Worcestershire and season with black pepper.
7. Serve as desired.