- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Pot Pie Recipe Video
|Pie crust||200 Gram|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Broccoli||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Potato||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||4 Teaspoon|
|Chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7395 Calories from Fat 3763
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 418 g643%
Saturated Fat 122.7 g613.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2021.5 mg
Sodium 5049.3 mg210.4%
Total Carbohydrates 239 g79.8%
Dietary Fiber 30.9 g123.6%
Sugars 31.3 g
Protein 642 g1283.8%
Vitamin A 377.6% Vitamin C 492.1%
Calcium 76.8% Iron 194.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat pan (I used a cast iron so I could put it into the oven) and add 2 T olive oil.
2. Add all veggies except garlic, peas, potatoes (unless you’re using raw potatoes, then add them now).
3. Cook 5-10 minutes over medium heat, or until veggies are tender.
4. Add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes.
5. Move veggies to one side, add remaining olive oil, and whisk flour into it.
6. Cook about 30 seconds.
7. Slowly whisk in milk and stock.
8. Bring to a boil and let thicken.
9. Remove from heat.
10. Add seasonings, mustard, peas, chicken, potatoes, and lemon juice.
11. Top with crust (be careful – pan will be hot!!) (if you didn’t cook in an oven-proof pan, no problem, transfer filling to a greased pie plate) and crimp around edges.
12. Bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes, until crust is done.
13. Serve in a dish
Veggies can be swapped out depending on what’s in season (or in your fridge). Some other things that would be good: butternut squash, pumpkin, turnip, rutabaga, spinach, sweet potatoes…
I served this with a Warm Arugula and Orange Salad
1 bunch arugula
1/4 C red onion
1 orange, cut in pieces
2 T olive oil
2 T lemon juice
1 T honey
1. Heat olive oil in pan. Add onion and cook 2-3 min. Add honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes.
Arugula on plate, top with orange. Pour dressing over.
For more information visit the blog entry Chicken Pot Pie.