- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Smores Cupcakes Recipe Video
|Flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs) (unbleached, unbromated All Purpose flour)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (unsweetened)|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (full fat)|
|Canola oil/Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|For the chocolate ganache|
|Semi sweet chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the marshmallow frosting|
|Marshmallow fluff||7 Ounce|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) (room temperature)|
|Powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the cupcake crust:|
|Graham cracker crumbs||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Melted butter||3 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
Calories 722 Calories from Fat 337
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g59.2%
Saturated Fat 17.5 g87.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 94.4 mg31.5%
Sodium 481.6 mg20.1%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g21.9%
Sugars 60.4 g
Protein 8 g15%
Vitamin A 15.2% Vitamin C 0.1%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 17.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
For making the crust
1. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for crust press onto the bottom of a cupcake liner
2. Bake the crust in oven for 4-5 min at 350 degrees, remove and allow to cool.
For the cake
3. In a bowl, sift all of dry ingredients together for cake and stir to mix and set aside.
4. In a bowl, mix together buttermilk and canola oil.
5. In another bowl, place the cocoa powder and hot water and blend this using an electric blender, add coffee and blend.
6. Blend on slow speed, and stream in canola oil mixture into the cocoa powder mixture.
7. Slowly stream in an egg and vanilla while still blending.
8. Add the dry mixture into the wet mixture and beat well to combine.
9. Spoon the batter equally over the crust and bake in oven for 17 to 20 minutes.
10. Remove and allow to cool.
11. In a stand mixer bowl place the butter and beat at low speed, add in the powdered sugar and beat.
12. Add in half of the marshmallow fluff and beat, check the consistency and add more fluff.
For the chocolate Ganache
13. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients and melt over a double boiler or in the microwave until completely melted, remove and stir in the rum and salt.
14. Dip the cooled cupcake upside down in to the chocolate ganache and refrigerate for 15 minutes or until the chocolate sets.
15. In a plate spread 2 tablespoons of sugar and heat it gently with a blow torch until the sugar forms in small pearls, set aside.
16. Pipe the marshmallow over the cupcakes, sprinkle the top with burnt sugar and graham cracker mixture.
17. Drizzle remaining chocolate ganache on the top.
18. Serve as desired.