- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Delightful Napolitano Christmas Cookies Recipe Video
|Dried cherries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Whole blanched almonds||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Clementine||1⁄2 , finely grated zest and the juiced|
|Grapefruit juice||1 Tablespoon, freshly squeezed|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Dutch Process)|
|Espresso powder||1⁄2 Tablespoon (I Use The Ferrara Kind = Delicious)|
|Unsalted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Room Temperature, 2 Sticks)|
|Confectioner's sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4817 Calories from Fat 3132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 355 g546.1%
Saturated Fat 138.7 g693.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 695.3 mg
Sodium 144.9 mg6%
Total Carbohydrates 413 g137.7%
Dietary Fiber 72.2 g288.7%
Sugars 216.8 g
Protein 97 g194.7%
Vitamin A 136.5% Vitamin C 41.8%
Calcium 94.1% Iron 181.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For the Clementine dough: place almonds and sugar in the bowl of a food processor.
2. Process until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal; set aside.
3. Place butter and zest in bowl of an electric mixer. Beat on medium speed until white and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes.
4. On low speed, add almond mixture; beat until combined, 10 to 15 seconds. Add egg and grapefruit juice; combine. Wrap in plastic, and store, refrigerated, until ready to use.
5. Make the Chocolate-Espresso Dough: Sift flour, cocoa powder, and espresso beans in a large bowl; set aside.
6. In bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, combine butter, sugar, and vanilla until creamy, 3 to 4 minutes. Working in additions, gradually beat in flour mixture, scraping down sides of bowl twice.
7. Wrap in plastic; store, refrigerated, until ready to use.
Line an 8-inch-square baking pan with plastic. In a large bowl, stir cherries into Clementine dough. In another large bowl, stir walnuts into chocolate-espresso dough.
8. Press orange mixture into bottom of pan. Using an offset spatula, smooth top evenly. Spread chocolate mixture over orange mixture and smooth evenly. Cover pan with plastic; chill at LEAST 2 hours.
9. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
10. Unmold dough; remove plastic. Cut into bricks and place on cookie sheets with a little bit of space in between each one. 11. Bake until firm to the touch, 12 to 15 minutes.
12. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool. You can store these for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container (perfect for holiday/new years cookies!!!)
13. Serve the cookies as an evening snack.