- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Vanilla wafers||1 Pound|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold coffee||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Walnuts/Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
Calories 559 Calories from Fat 270
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.1%
Saturated Fat 13.5 g67.7%
Trans Fat 1.6 g
Cholesterol 136.1 mg
Sodium 136.2 mg5.7%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 34.3 g
Protein 8 g15%
Vitamin A 9.5% Vitamin C 0.27%
Calcium 9% Iron 4.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Two days before serving, make fine crumbs out of the vanilla wafers.
2) In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until very smooth.
3) To this, gradually add eggs, beating 5 minutes after each one.
4) To this, add coffee and nut meats.
5) In a lightly oiled deep oblong pan or bread pan lined with wax paper, put in a layer of crumbs.
6) Top this with a layer of batter.
7) Prepare more layers with the rest of the mixture, ending with crumbs.
8) Refrigerate for 48 hours.
9) Slice and serve along with whipped cream.