- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Delicious Whoopie Pies Recipe Video
|Baking cocoa||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||1 Medium, beaten|
|Shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), melted and cooled|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Chocolate sprinkles||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Optional)|
|For marshmallow filling|
|Powdered sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shortening||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Marshmallow creme||6 Tablespoon|
Calories 892 Calories from Fat 327
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.8%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g49%
Trans Fat 4.5 g
Cholesterol 34.3 mg
Sodium 321.9 mg13.4%
Total Carbohydrates 135 g45.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 98.1 g
Protein 7 g14%
Vitamin A 1.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 5.6% Iron 13.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
3. In a bowl, mix together cocoa and sugar.
4. In another bowl, beat together egg and shortening.
5. Add the egg mixture to cocoa mixture and stir in milk, flour, baking soda, salt and vanilla.
6. Using a rounded tablespoon, drop spoonful of mixture onto lightly greased baking sheets.
7. Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until the edges are dark.
8. Remove the baking sheets from the oven and allow to cool.
9. Spread the Marshmallow filling on the flat sides of half the cookies and top with remaining cookies.
10. Dredge the edges in sprinkles, if using and serve as desired.