- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Exquisite Country White Gravy -- Go UK & U of L! ☼ Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs), divided|
|Fresh ground pepper||To Taste|
Calories 257 Calories from Fat 168
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.3%
Saturated Fat 11.8 g58.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 51.6 mg
Sodium 144.6 mg6%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.47 g1.9%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 5 g10.7%
Vitamin A 11.7% Vitamin C 0.09%
Calcium 13.6% Iron 4.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium skillet, melt butter over low heat and whisk in flour.
2. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk well.
3. Gradually whisk in 1 cup of milk, turn the heat to medium and simmer for a few minutes.
4. Continue to cook and add remaining milk, if needed, about ¼ cup at a time until nice and thick. If it is not thickening as much as desired, cut back on the amount of milk added.
5. Taste and adjust seasoning of salt and pepper.
6. Serve warm over biscuits.