- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
White Chicken Chili Recipe Video
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Great northern beans||93 Ounce, drained and rinsed (canned)|
|Chicken||15 Ounce, drained (canned)|
|Green chiles||8 Ounce, diced (canned)|
|Ground cumin||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||12 Ounce|
|Monterey jack cheese||3 Cup (48 tbs), shredded (or colby jack cheese or pepper jack)|
|Jalapenos||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Corn chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 651 Calories from Fat 146
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.5%
Saturated Fat 8 g40.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 50.3 mg16.8%
Sodium 389.2 mg16.2%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29%
Dietary Fiber 27.4 g109.5%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 40 g80.1%
Vitamin A 11.4% Vitamin C 63%
Calcium 43.9% Iron 44.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large stockpot over medium heat, heat oil sauté onions until tender and soft.
2. Stir in beans, chicken, chiles, ground cumin, garlic powder, oregano, white pepper and broth.
3. Simmer the chicken mixture for 30 minutes, stirring frequently, until heated through.
4. Just before serving, add sour cream and cheese, and stir well until cheese is melted.
5. Serve hot garnished with jalapenos, cheese or corn chips as desired.