- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Authentic Chinese Food: Stir - Fried Tomato & Egg 番茄炒蛋 Recipe Video
|For the eggs|
|Cooking oil||3 Tablespoon (As needed)|
|Eggs||5 Medium, beaten|
|For the tomatoes|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Green onion stalks||1 Medium, chopped|
|Tomatoes||4 Large, sliced into pieces|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 293 Calories from Fat 218
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.8%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g22.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 232.6 mg
Sodium 877.4 mg36.6%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g3.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.1%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 9 g17.2%
Vitamin A 36.4% Vitamin C 39.7%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Beat eggs with a pinch of salt to the beaten mixture. Set aside.
2. Heat the wok over high heat, and then pour cooking oil.
3. When the wok is really hot, pour the beaten eggs (the egg will get less sticky when the wok is hotter). Stir to scramble the eggs.
4. Take out the well done scrambled egg and set aside.
5. Heat the wok with some cooking oil over high heat again, and stir fry the chopped green onion quickly for about 15-20 seconds.
6. Add sliced tomatoes, salt and sugar to the wok, continue to stir fry for a few seconds. Cover and let cook for 3 minutes or until the tomatoes turn watery and pasty.
7. Add scrambled eggs when tomato mixture is soft and cook for another 30 seconds until the liquid starts to bubble.
8. Serve hot over a bowl of rice.