- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Delicious Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon Recipe Video
|Red onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brussels sprouts||2 Pound|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1237 Calories from Fat 780
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 89 g136.6%
Saturated Fat 15.5 g77.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30 mg
Sodium 2682.2 mg111.8%
Total Carbohydrates 93 g30.9%
Dietary Fiber 37.3 g149.3%
Sugars 27.6 g
Protein 40 g80.1%
Vitamin A 137% Vitamin C 1297%
Calcium 41.4% Iron 76.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Slice the bacon and pan fry bacon, but only partially cook your bacon, it will finish cooking in the oven.
3. Remove bacon from pan, and add diced red onion to the pan. Cook red onion until just softened.
4. Wash Brussels sprouts an slice in half, remove any brown leaves.
5. On a cookie sheet add sliced Brussels sprouts, partially cooked bacon, red onions along with pan drippings and mix well.
6.Pour olive oil over the Brussels sprouts and stir until the Brussels sprouts are evenly coated.
7. Roast in oven for approximately 25 minutes, sprinkle with kosher salt, and add fresh cracked pepper before serving.
8. Serve hot.