- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rice with Chickpeas,Chicken and Onion Recipe Video
|Onions||1 Large, slice|
|Chicken||1⁄2 Pound, chop|
|Chickpeas||1 Cup (16 tbs), soaked|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|English peppers||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Cooking oil||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 591 Calories from Fat 187
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.6%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38 mg
Sodium 151.4 mg6.3%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g25%
Dietary Fiber 10.8 g43.3%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 25 g50.7%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 13.9%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 23.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedFrying pan
1. Soak the chickpeas overnight in water.
2. Next day drain the water, set aside.
3. Slice the onions, set aside.
4. In a frying pan sauté the onions until brown.
5. In another pot, boil the chicken in water, once the chicken is cooked remove the chicken from the pot.
6. Add the chickpeas, fired onions and rice to the chicken stock.
7. Add nutmeg, English pepper, black pepper and salt.
8. Cover and cook until the rice is done.
9. Once the rice is done remove and place the cooked chicken pieces on top.
10. Serve with yogurt or salad.