- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Pie - The Perfect Side for Turkey, Lamb or Chicken Recipe Video
|Yukon gold potato||5 Medium|
|Prosciutto||8 Medium, thinly sliced strips|
|Gruyere cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
|Yellow onion||1 Large|
|Rosemary sprig||6 Medium|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||To Taste|
Calories 363 Calories from Fat 274
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.5%
Saturated Fat 13 g65%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 161.8 mg53.9%
Sodium 308.8 mg12.9%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.95 g3.8%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 13 g26.3%
Vitamin A 8.1% Vitamin C 0.47%
Calcium 30.8% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Boil potatoes with skin on until firm but tender (fork should slide gently through to middle of potato)
3. Peel and grate potatoes after they have cooled slightly.
4. Transfer grated potatoes into a pie dish and form crust around the bottom and sides of the pan.
5. Simmer 6 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 diced garlic cloves, and finely chopped fresh rosemary until sizzling (garlic should be cooked but not burned).
6. Pour rosemary infused olive oil over bottom of potato crust.
7. Bake potato crust for 20 minutes at 350 degrees (until almost golden).
8. Sauté Onions and Prosciutto.
9. Cut onions into thin, round slices.
10. Sauté onions in same pan as was usedto infuse garlic and rosemary - add oliveoil to pan for sauté.
11. Dust onions with dash of salt, pepper and garlic powder.
12. Remove onions from pan when they are thoroughly cooked/caramelized.
13. Use same pan to cook prosciutto until crispy
14. Place caramelized onions, crispy cooked prosciutto and shredded Gruyère into potato crust.
15. Whisk eggs and cream together and pour over top (pour gently and slowly sothe liquid seeps through the rest of the ingredients.
16. Place pie pan onto a cookie sheet (to catch any drippings) while baking.
17. Bake for approximately 50 minutes at 350 degrees.
18. Potato Pie is fully cooked when golden brown and fork comes out clean
19. Serve warm.
For more recipes please visit The Brown Lounge Website