- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Penne a la Vodka Recipe Video
|Unflavored vodka||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Penne pasta||1 Pound|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Tablespoon (to taste)|
|Parmesan||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shaved|
|Roma tomatoes||12 Medium, ripe|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Pancetta slice||5 Medium|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red pepper flake||1 Pinch|
Calories 667 Calories from Fat 194
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.6%
Saturated Fat 12.1 g60.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68.1 mg22.7%
Sodium 1421.3 mg59.2%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g30.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.8%
Sugars 19.6 g
Protein 26 g51.2%
Vitamin A 65.4% Vitamin C 56.4%
Calcium 13.1% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Score tops and bottoms of each tomato in a crissed-cross motion.
2. Boil tomatoes in a large pot for about 20 minutes, until tender to the prick of a fork and skins are turning away where you’ve scored them.
3. Allow tomatoes to cool then remove skins from tomatoes.
4. Also remove any tough ends and yellow or stringy parts of tomato (seeds are ok).
5. Put prepared tomatoes and garlic clove into a blender, blend until smooth.
6. Set aside the puree while you prepare the Pancetta.
7. In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, blend the onion and pancetta until finely minced.
8. Put mixture into a large, heavy, hot sauté pan and cook over med heat until browned.
9. Stir occasionally for about 15 minutes.
10. Add tomato purée to the browned pancetta and onion mixture, simmer (partially covered) for 30 minutes.
11. Add vodka and pepper flakes and allow sauce to simmer for another 10 minutes.
12. Boil pasta in large pot of boiling water until al dente (8-9 minutes), drain and return to pot to keep it warm.
13. Add a teaspoon of olive oil to avoid sticking.
14. After vodka has been in sauce for 10 minutes, add heavy cream slowly while stirring. Incorporate well and stir until sauce begins to simmer again.
15. Add pasta to pan and drag it through the sauce to cover pasta completely.
16. Serve immediately with shaved parmesan on top.
For more recipes please visit The Brown Lounge Website