- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Molasses Crinkles Recipe Video
|Vegetable shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4383 Calories from Fat 1439
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 163 g250.6%
Saturated Fat 40.8 g203.8%
Trans Fat 20.2 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 1975.1 mg82.3%
Total Carbohydrates 714 g237.9%
Dietary Fiber 13.2 g52.9%
Sugars 448.1 g
Protein 40 g79.2%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 5.9%
Calcium 34.7% Iron 116.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, cream the shortening, brown sugar, molasses and egg.
2. Add the dry ingredients and mix until uniform. Form into a ball, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
3. Pre-heat oven to 350F.
4. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicon mat. Spread sugar on a plate.
5. Using a cookie scoop, form small balls of the dough. Dredge one side of the ball in sugar.
6. Keep the cookies on the sheet sugar side up. Gently press to flatten.
7. Bake at 350F for about 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool about 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
8. Store in an airtight container or serve right away with your choice of beverage.