- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Delicious, Moist and Juicy:How to Roast a Chicken Recipe Video
|Whole chicken||3 Pound|
|Red potato||8 Quart|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Large, dice (1/2 for stuffing the chicken + 1/2 to go with the potatoes)|
|Rosemary||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Baby carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery stalks||2 , cut into inch long pieces|
|Chicken rub||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
Calories 2166 Calories from Fat 510
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g87.5%
Saturated Fat 16.3 g81.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 255.1 mg
Sodium 890.5 mg37.1%
Total Carbohydrates 325 g108.3%
Dietary Fiber 40.4 g161.7%
Sugars 24.3 g
Protein 102 g203.1%
Vitamin A 125.3% Vitamin C 321.9%
Calcium 36.2% Iron 108.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Throw away the innards of the chicken and clean the cavity. Wash and set aside.
3. On a roasting rack, add the washed and quartered red potatoes.
4. Add half the onions.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Drizzle olive oil on the potatoes and onions.
7. Sprinkle a little rosemary leaves.
8. Now take two garlic cloves and insert it between the skin and the flesh of the chicken.
9. Smear the chicken with the rub.
10. Insert the remaining onions, lemon half, rosemary sprigs in the cavity and tuck the wings of the bird underneath.
11. Place on the bed of potatoes.
12. Bake on the bottom rack of the oven for about 75 minutes or until all juices run clear.
13. Check the internal temperature of the chicken with a food thermometer. If it is 165 degrees then the chicken is done.
14. Let it rest for a few minutes once out of the oven. Carve and enjoy.