- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Delicious Maple and Glazed Chicken Recipe Video
|Maple syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 648 Calories from Fat 217
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38%
Saturated Fat 15.5 g77.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.5 mg21.5%
Sodium 414.4 mg17.3%
Total Carbohydrates 111 g37.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.3 g1.2%
Sugars 98.5 g
Protein 0.5 g1%
Vitamin A 15.4% Vitamin C 5.4%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 11.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Keep the chicken on a bar pan, and blot chicken dry with a paper towel. Blotting the chicken dry will help make the skin very crisp.
3. Sprinkle oil onto chicken and season chicken with salt and pepper.
4. Spread softened butter on chicken spreading as evenly as you can.
5. Bake chicken for 30 minutes.
6. As the chicken cooks, prepare the glaze. In a small bowl, mix maple syrup and rum and whisk together. Season the maple syrup with additional salt and pepper.
7. Remove chicken from oven, spoon the glaze over the chicken, and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until the chicken is done. The chicken is done when the thighs can be pierced with a sharp knife, and the juices come out clear.
8. Cut and serve hot with the gravy.