- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Delicious Homemade Banana Pudding Recipe Video
|Milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Corn starch||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Bananas||5 (Ripe, 3 Mashed And 2 Sliced)|
|Dark brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Melted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bisquick||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs) (Gluten Free)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4727 Calories from Fat 1240
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 139 g214.4%
Saturated Fat 77.7 g388.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 957.1 mg
Sodium 4774.5 mg198.9%
Total Carbohydrates 809 g269.7%
Dietary Fiber 27 g108%
Sugars 386.6 g
Protein 77 g154.7%
Vitamin A 94.7% Vitamin C 87%
Calcium 159.5% Iron 27.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. FOR THE PUDDING: In a medium sized saucepan whisk together the cornstarch, salt and sugar then stir in the milk until there are no lumps.
2. Over a medium-low heat, bring the mixture up to a boil stirring continuously. Continue cooking the mixture while constantly stirring until it reaches a boil then lower the heat slightly and continue cooking for 3 more minutes. Don’t leave the pot unattended. Make sure to cook the mixture for the full 3 minutes once it boils. Cornstarch needs that heat to gain its full thickening strength.
3. Turn off the heat and stir in the vanilla and the 3 mashed bananas.
4. Transfer the pudding into a large bowl. Cover it with plastic wrap placing the wrap directly onto the pudding to prevent a skin from forming and chill the pudding for at least two hours before assembling the dessert.
5. FOR THE VANILLA WAFERS: Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
6. Whisk together the eggs and brown sugar until light and creamy. Stream in the melted butter and vanilla and continue whisking.
7. Switch over to a spoon and stir in the gluten free Bisquick until well combined. The dough will have a very thick batter-like consistency. Transfer it to a smaller bowl then cover and chill for 15 minutes.
8. Drop by level tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheet being sure to leave about 1 inch between the cookies. I used a small scooper. Wet your finger and smooth the cookie tops of any lumps or bumps.
9. Bake the cookies for 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
10. To assemble the pudding, be sure that your dish has at least an 8 cup capacity then alternate layers of vanilla wafers, sliced bananas and pudding until you’ve built a pudding that you’re happy with. You should have about 4 layers depending on the size and shape of the dish you’ve chosen.
11. Chill the pudding for at least 6 hours before serving. Garnish with whipped cream if you want.