- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Delicious Gold Coast Coconut Shrimp Recipe Video
|Jumbo shrimps||12 , devein (Tail on)|
|Beer||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sweetened coconut flakes||2 Cup (32 tbs), divided|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
Calories 381 Calories from Fat 129
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.1%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g44.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 152 mg
Sodium 377 mg15.7%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 15.8 g
Protein 23 g46.7%
Vitamin A 3.6% Vitamin C 3.6%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 21.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedMixing bowl
1. In a bowl combine the beer, flour, sugar, salt and ½ cup of the coconut flakes.
2. Stir until well combined and chill for 1 hour.
3. After an hour add the remaining coconut flakes and whisk well.
4. Preheat the oil in a frying pan.
5. Dip the shrimps in the batter and fry in hot oil until golden brown.
6. Serve with dipping sauce.