- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crispy Potato Sandwich Recipe Video
|To prepare the potato spread|
|Boiled potato||1 Large, peeled, grated|
|Grated ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped green chillies||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||1⁄3 Cup (4.8 tbs), chopped finely|
|To assemble the sandwich|
|Whole wheat bread slices||5 Medium|
|Tomato ketchup||To Taste|
|Sesame seeds||To Taste|
|To fry the sandwiches|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (As needed)|
Calories 219 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.3%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.1 mg2.7%
Sodium 368.9 mg15.4%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.2%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 8 g15.1%
Vitamin A 4.8% Vitamin C 14.6%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 36%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel and grate a large boiled potato, set this aside in a bowl.
2. To this, add ginger and green chilies.
3. Add red chili powder, cumin powder, garam masala and salt to taste.
4. Add lemon juice, coriander leaves and mix to combine all the ingredients well. Set this potato spread aside.
5. Take bread slices, cut into half diagonally. Spread some tomato ketchup, followed by the prepared potato spread and sprinkled with sesame seeds as shown in the video.
6. Heat a frying pan with a little butter as needed.
7. Place all the bread slices over the melted butter (with the potato spread side facing upwards) and let fry for a couple of minutes.
8. Put some butter on top of each of the slices and fry flipping them for a couple of minutes.
9. Serve warm as a snack or for kids in their lunch box.