- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Delicious Christmas Liver Pate Recipe Video
|Chicken livers||400 Gram|
|Port wine/Sherry||1 Deciliter|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2284 Calories from Fat 1182
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 132 g203.4%
Saturated Fat 80.2 g401.1%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 1673.7 mg557.9%
Sodium 1073.4 mg44.7%
Total Carbohydrates 175 g58.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g17.8%
Sugars 77.3 g
Protein 78 g156.6%
Vitamin A 972.5% Vitamin C 176.2%
Calcium 58.7% Iron 218.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Chop the onions and keep aside.
2. Remove the excess fat from the chicken livers.
3. Melt the 20g of Butter in a hot frying pan and when melted, add in the onion and fry until a glossy golden color.
4. Add the chicken livers to the pan with the onion. Continue to fry until the livers are browned.
5. Gently add in the cream and and port, along with some thyme, salt and pepper.
6. Turn down the heat and simmer gently for around 15-25 minutes, until you can draw a spoon through the mix and leave a dry line in the pan.
7. Wash your canning jar, turn on your oven to around 140 degrees Celsius and put your jar(s) inside – leave them here for about 10-15 minutes to sterilize the jars.
8. When the mix has been sufficiently thickened, add to a food processor and blend until smooth, around 30 seconds.
9. Transfer to your sterilized jar and seal up.
10. Allow to cool completely before storing in the refrigerator. Will keep for about a week or so.
11. Eat with some good fresh bread, maybe some pickles, and enjoy!