- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Delicious Cheesy Corn With Green And Red Peppers Recipe Video
|Fresh corn||6 , shucked, silked, rinsed and dried with paper towel|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Velveeta cheese||4 Ounce, cut in small cubes|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1519 Calories from Fat 627
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 72 g110%
Saturated Fat 40.6 g202.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 176.6 mg
Sodium 2913.4 mg121.4%
Total Carbohydrates 199 g66.4%
Dietary Fiber 26.4 g105.6%
Sugars 45.2 g
Protein 53 g105.7%
Vitamin A 111.8% Vitamin C 232.5%
Calcium 69.9% Iron 29.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the corn from the cob. Set aside.
2. In small skillet melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat.
3. Add chopped green bell pepper, chopped red bell pepper, and chopped onion. Sauté vegetables, stirring occasionally. Do not overcook.
4. Meanwhile, melt 3 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add cornstarch and stir quickly to make a gravy-like roux.
5. Add 1 cup water, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon sugar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally about 5 minutes.
6. Add Velveeta cheese cubes and stir until cheese melts. Add sautéed vegetables and stir.
7. Transfer into a nice serving bowl and serve immediately. SO good! --Betty