- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Slow Cooked Braised Boneless Short Ribs Recipe Video
|Short ribs of beef||3 Pound (Boneless)|
|All purpose seasoning||3 Tablespoon (Grand Diamond)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, slice|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), mince|
|Shiraz-cabernet sauvignon wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cabernet sauvignon wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Beef broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Rosemary sprig||1 Small|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 2109 Calories from Fat 1487
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 167 g256.8%
Saturated Fat 65.2 g326.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 390.8 mg130.3%
Sodium 2926.1 mg121.9%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.2%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 92 g185%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 9.3%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 44.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedOven
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Pat dry the short ribs with a paper towel, and place in a bowl.
3. Season the ribs with Grand Diamond All Purpose Seasoning.
4. Sprinkle the flour over the ribs, lightly coat each rib and shake off any excess flour and set aside on a plate.
5. Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
6. Pour in the olive oil and allow it heat up, Brown the floured ribs in the pan for 2-3 minutes on each side.
7. Once the ribs are done remove and let it rest.
8. In the same skillet, sauté the onions for 2 to 3 minutes, then add the garlic and sauté for about 1 minute.
9. Pour the wine into the skillet and stir, scraping up the bottom of the pan.
10. Reduce the wine by half for about 10 minutes over medium-high heat.
11. Add the beef broth and Worcestershire and stir well.
12. Place the ribs and the rosemary sprig into the sauce, cover with a lid, and bake at 375 degrees for 2 to 2½ hours.
13. Serve with flavored rice or mashed potatoes.