- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Delicious Bean and Rice Burritos Recipe Video
|For the refried beans|
|Pinto beans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), dice|
|Roasted garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Bay leaf stalk||1 Small|
|For the burritos|
|Flour tortillas||8 Large|
|Cooked spanish rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mild cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Lettuce leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Sour cream||4 Tablespoon|
|Hot sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Guacamole||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 514 Calories from Fat 278
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.6%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g28.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.6 mg2.5%
Sodium 1303.6 mg54.3%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.4%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 9 g18.7%
Vitamin A 15.7% Vitamin C 10.8%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needlarge pot
1. Clean, wash and rinse the beans and then cook it in water, increase the heat and bring it to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 2 hours.
2. Dice the tomatoes in the meantime.
3. Add oil, salt, garlic, bay leaf & tomatoes and simmer it further for 1 and half hour.
4. Once the beans are cooked you need to mash them with the masher as per your liking, remember to remove the bay leaves.
5. Two different ways in making the tortillas first heat the tortillas and top it with the beans, rice, cheese and then fold and the second way is by adding beans, rice, cheese lettuce, apple cider vinegar dressing, guacamole & sour cream.
6. Serve the Bean and Rice Burritos along with some salsa if you like.
If you have made the guacamole a day in advance then cover it with plastic wrap it will keep the guacamole fresh and will not change the color to black.
Two ways of heating tortillas in a microwave or cook it in a pan
Store the Burritos by covering it with foil and then packing them in a zip-lock bag.
Different types of tortillas uncooked tortillas (cosco brand) are thin and in round shapes and hand made tortillas (traders Joe’s) they are thicker and have more substance but not of perfect shape.