- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Delicious Banana Nut Cake Recipe
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White sugar||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 (Beaten In Whole)|
|Cake flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Really ripe bananas||3 Large, mashed|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Calories 715 Calories from Fat 245
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.9%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31.1%
Trans Fat 2.2 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg
Sodium 340.1 mg14.2%
Total Carbohydrates 110 g36.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.5%
Sugars 57.3 g
Protein 14 g28.3%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C 14.5%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a bowl, cream shortening and sugar.
3) To this, add milk, eggs and dry ingredients.
4) Finally, add the mashed bananas and chopped nuts.
5) Into a greased baking dish, transfer the batter and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. This makes 2 9-inch layers of cake.
6) Top with frosting, slice and serve as required.