- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Delicious Apple Dessert Recipe
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Raw Or Brown)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Apples||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), peeled and grated or chopped fine|
|Almond flavoring||1⁄3 Teaspoon|
Calories 398 Calories from Fat 114
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg
Sodium 490.4 mg20.4%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g21.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.4%
Sugars 47.8 g
Protein 9 g17.7%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 6.9%
Calcium 18.5% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre heat an oven to 350° F.
2. Grease a 9X6 inch pie die with oil or unsalted butter.
3. Sift flour, salt and baking powder together into a dry and clean bowl.
4. Use a medium clean glass bowl.
5. Beat the egg yolks with sugar until light and creamy.
6. Gently beat in the sifted dry ingredients without over working the batter.
7. Mix in the grated apples chopped nuts, vanilla extract and almond flavoring.
8. Use another clean, dry and grease free glass bowl
9. Beat the egg whites until stiff. Gently fold into the batter. Do not stir or beat.
10. Pour mixture into the greased pie dish.
11. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 30-40 minutes or until the crust is like meringue.
12. Remove from the oven cool slightly and slice.
13. Serve warm with cream or custard if desired.