- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Delectable Shepherd’s Pie Recipe Video
|Potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Sweet potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Buttery spread||1 Tablespoon (Earth Balance)|
|Nutritional yeast||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shallot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Seitan||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped (from our cheese steak video )|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Apple cider vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 214 Calories from Fat 35
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.8%
Saturated Fat 0.44 g2.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 701.5 mg29.2%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.1%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 4 g7.3%
Vitamin A 110.1% Vitamin C 31.9%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Boil potatoes for 20 minutes then strain.
2. Add ingredients listed and mash.
3. Set aside.
4. Heat olive oil in pan and add shallots, celery and carrots.
5. Add seitan. Push it all to one side, add olive oil and flour and make a roux. Mix everything together.
6. Add vinegar and veggie broth.
7. Add rest of seasonings.
8. Put filling in bake dish or stainless steel pan as we did in video.
9. Leave about 1 1/2" lip and add potato mixture to top and spread evenly. Cut slit in top for steam.
10. Put in oven for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.