- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Deep Fried Steamed Aromatic Squab Recipe
|Dried bean curd stick||1|
|Fresh ginger root slices||2|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Bamboo shoots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3955 Calories from Fat 2857
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 317 g488.2%
Saturated Fat 105.2 g526.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1140.5 mg
Sodium 3619.4 mg150.8%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.1%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 228 g455.6%
Vitamin A 67.7% Vitamin C 117.2%
Calcium 25.6% Iron 248.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Wipe squabs with a damp cloth and dry well with paper toweling.
3. Heat oil. Add squabs, one at a time, and deep-fry, turning and basting, until light golden. Drain on paper toweling.
4. With a cleaver, chop squabs, bones and all, in 1- by 2-inch pieces. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Slice ginger root, mince scallion; and add, along with soy sauce, sherry, star anise and cinnamon stick.
5. Steam 30 minutes
6. Meanwhile slice bamboo shoots and soaked bean curd. Cut remaining scallion stalks in 1-inch sections. Blend cornstarch and cold stock to a paste.
7. Heat oil. Add bamboo shoots, bean curd and scallions. Stir-fry to cook through (3 to 4 minutes).
8. Stir in salt. Then stir in cornstarch paste to thicken. Pour over squabs in their steaming bowl